Working for us
We are seeking to appoint a full time and permanent headteacher for Lugwardine Primary Academy. Lugwardine Primary Academy (LPA) is a vibrant school with a warm, welcoming, safe and fun environment where all children are supported and encouraged to excel. We take pride in developing the best possible standards of learning, teaching and assessment by holding the highest expectation and knowing our children well.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and inspirational leader who will continue to build on the strengths of our school. We wish to recruit someone who has a proven track record of successful leadership and a deep understanding of a purposeful and ambitious curriculum.
All Applications must be in by 7pm Wednesday 29th November 2023
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 12th December 2023 and Wednesday 13th December 2023
To book a tour around the school please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lugwardine recognises the benefits derived from investing in people and we strive to ensure staff have access to a wide variety of benefits and wellbeing resources.
We have a staff wellbeing action group who meeting regularly to ensure staff have the right wellbeing help. The group is made up of the business manager, two teachers, a teaching assistant and a governor.
Disability Confident Employer
Disability Confident is a national scheme to support employers make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to the workplace. Lugwardine Primary Academy is a Disability Confident Employer. This means that we are committed to employing, supporting and promoting people with disabilities in the workplace.
Being recognised as a Disability Confident Employer, this means that we are committed to the following to support us in recruiting and retaining people with disabilities in our employment:
- Actively look to attract and recruit disabled people
- Provide a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process
- Offer an interview to all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy
- Are flexible when assessing people so disabled job applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job
- Proactively offer and make reasonable adjustments as required
- Encourage our suppliers and partner firms to be Disability Confident
- Ensure our employees have appropriate disability equality awareness
- Promote a culture of being Disability Confident
- Support employees to manage their disabilities
- Ensure there are no barriers to the development and progression of disabled staff
- Ensure managers are aware of how they can support staff who are sick or absent from work
- Value and listen to feedback from disabled staff