Lugwardine Core Curricular Intent
To achieve our intent we will:
- plan, teach, assess, deliver & monitor a curriculum that reflects the expectations of the our curriculum as an entitlement for all children regardless of age, gender & race;
- enable all pupils to work in an atmosphere that is exciting, stimulating and challenging in order for them to develop into independent learners;
- provide the children with a wide range of opportunities, resources & teaching styles to promote knowledge, skills and understanding;
- actively promote the principle that all pupils should be encouraged to become independent learners. They will be taught to collect and use information from a wide variety of sources and make sensible choices in all aspects of their learning;
- make our curriculum broad from the foundation stage to Year 6, so that children are given a wide view of the world about them;
- make it balanced, so that they are offered appropriate amounts of time depending on the importance of the subjects they are studying;
- make it coherent, so that the children can make connections between subjects, where they overlap and interconnect;
- make it differentiated, so that children of different abilities are taught areas of the curriculum at their level, and are not prevented from making progress; give continuity and progression, so that children move smoothly from one stage to the next, at their pace and level of understanding;
- deliver a curriculum relevant to current life, so that a meaningful context for learning is experienced.
Year Group Long term plans
To obtain additional information on any aspect of the curriculum please contact either the class teacher or the subject leader for details.